This is the Schneider-Farris Family's Blog. Keep up with what we are doing by logging into this site regularly! (The reason this site is called "Tragedy and Triumph" is that when I first founded this site, my husband, Dan, had been in a horrible accident, and he recovered. His recovery was a miracle! Go back to the 2005 archives to read our story.)

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Yom Kippur

Thursday, October 13 was Yom Kippur.

We went to the Children's Service at Temple Shalom in the morning and then went to the hospital to visit Dan.

We were at the Rehab unit a long time that day and at the end of the day, I was shocked that the Rehab nurses had scolded Dan for having his family visit too long. We had been promised that we would get to take Dan outside in his wheelchair and that promise had not come through and we had waited all day for that event.

I called the Rehab unit as I drove home asking to be calmed down since I believed there had been a misunderstanding and I ended up getting extremely upset.

Then, when we returned home, I thought I couldn't turn the lights off in our car (we had just got our car back that day after it being in the body shop to repair the damage from the accident) and had to call AAA to disconect the wires so the battery wouldn't burn out. I was convinced that the auto body shop had done something to the electrical wires that caused this problem.

Larisa picked us up for a Break Fast and we were there very late, but it was good to eat something after being so upset. Larisa made wonderful food and the friends there made me feel loved.

When Larisa took us home, I cried and cried. I seemed to have hit a breaking point.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

Followers