This is the Schneider-Farris Family's Blog. Keep up with what we are doing by logging into this site regularly! (The reason this site is called "Tragedy and Triumph" is that when I first founded this site, my husband, Dan, had been in a horrible accident, and he recovered. His recovery was a miracle! Go back to the 2005 archives to read our story.)

Saturday, August 15, 2026

Janet Becht Memories

My friend Janet Miriam Becht died on October 20, 2025.  One of the things that was given to me after she died was a box that included some memories of her.  Below I will post some of those memories.

Below is a link to the Zoom Memorial held for Janet on December 7, 2025

Janet was born on April 19, 1934.  She was the second child of Nathan and Sarah Rae Sekerman.  Her brother, Charles Arthur Sekerman, was born two years before Janet on April 12, 1932.  It looks like her mother’s family’s last name was Fish.


Below is some information about Janet’s father Nathan Sekerman:




Below is Janet’s birth certificate:



I didn’t learn much about Janet’s young life, but I did find out she grew up in Omaha, Nebraska.  I’m not quite sure how she ended up in Southern California.

In 1956, Janet’s father died.  That may have been the reason her mother Sarah moved to Southern California.  I did find her mother’s will and it looks like her mother’s house was given to her brother Charles after the mother died in 1980.



——————————-

Update (April 20, 2026):


The week before Janet’s 92nd birthday which would have been April 19, 2026, her cousin Bruce Lewis tried to call her.  He learned of her passing and contacted me and also spoke with Janet’s brother in law Balasz Becht.

Bruce and I talked for hours and together we both learned more about Janet.

On April 20, Bruce sent me the wonderful photos below.  These photos give more insight into her life and the family tree below (put together by her cousin Bruce Lewis) shows she was part of a big and loving family.

































Most of the above photos and memories were sent to me by Janet’s cousin Bruce Lewis.  Unfortunately, blogger isn’t allowing me to add more photos so I’ll publish this “as is” and hopefully I can add more photos and memories at a later date.

Jo Ann Schneider Farris 
August 15, 2026























No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

Followers