This is the Schneider-Farris Family's Blog. Keep up with what we are doing by logging into this site regularly! (The reason this site is called "Tragedy and Triumph" is that when I first founded this site, my husband, Dan, had been in a horrible accident, and he recovered. His recovery was a miracle! Go back to the 2005 archives to read our story.)

Friday, March 13, 2009

Why I Am MAD at Facebook - And...Why I'm Quitting Facebook

I joined Facebook about a month ago. I found it delightful to connect with so many friends. It was fun and made me happy.

I also thought it would be nice to take some very old personal videos that were over 25 years old and share them with those friends.

Today, I got 2 notices from Facebook that these videos were alleged copyright violations. When I tried to fill out Facebook's counter-notification form, I wasted over an hour since their form (where I'm supposed to say I did not do anything wrong) does not work.

So, good-bye Facebook. I don't have time to waste on a service that makes me MAD and not happy.

I will take my photos, videos, and happy thoughts to FigureSkating360.com or IceNetwork's InCrowd. There, I won't be told that an old homemade video that I filmed over 25 years ago is not mine.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

Followers