This is the Schneider-Farris Family's Blog. Keep up with what we are doing by logging into this site regularly! (The reason this site is called "Tragedy and Triumph" is that when I first founded this site, my husband, Dan, had been in a horrible accident, and he recovered. His recovery was a miracle! Go back to the 2005 archives to read our story.)

Monday, April 06, 2009

1984 -- 1988 Skating, Skating, Skating

Eventually, I transferred from Brea to the Costa Mesa Ice Capades Chalet. That was closer to Long Beach. The problem was I also took a cut in pay with that move. We could not make it financially on the hourly rate I was paid at Ice Capades Chalet Costa Mesa.

I also wanted to teach independently. Eventually, I moved to Iceland in Paramount. It was so fun to teach there at first. I paid a small pro fee to the rink and kept the money that students paid me.

A new manager came to Iceland in 1986. He asked me to be Skating Director there. It was a hard job. I left Iceland in 1988 after having a disagreement with the rink's manager.

Dan came to the rink every day through all those years that I taught in Brea, Costa Mesa, and Paramount. He helped with competitions. He also learned to skate and even competed in ice dancing!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

Followers