This is the Schneider-Farris Family's Blog. Keep up with what we are doing by logging into this site regularly! (The reason this site is called "Tragedy and Triumph" is that when I first founded this site, my husband, Dan, had been in a horrible accident, and he recovered. His recovery was a miracle! Go back to the 2005 archives to read our story.)

Sunday, April 05, 2009

30 Years of Marriage! April 7, 1979 through April 7, 2009

It's a day early, but as I see Dan snoozing on the couch, I must announce that we will be married for THIRTY YEARS this Tuesday, April 7, 2009!



I will spend most of this week and next giving friends and family little memories and tidbits of our adventure in life together.

For starters, let me share how we met:

I was living with my grandmother in Belmont Shore in Long Beach, California. Calvary Chapel of Long Beach announced a youth camping trip to Catalina Island over Labor Day Weekend 1978. We traveled to Catalina on a huge boat and Dan was the only college graduate in our group. Everyone else was in high school or still in college, so I enjoyed talking about a variety of subjects with Dan. He knew so much. We talked and talked the entire weekend as we walked around beautiful Catalina. At the end of the weekend, I gave Dan my phone number and he asked me out a view days later!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

Followers