This is the Schneider-Farris Family's Blog. Keep up with what we are doing by logging into this site regularly! (The reason this site is called "Tragedy and Triumph" is that when I first founded this site, my husband, Dan, had been in a horrible accident, and he recovered. His recovery was a miracle! Go back to the 2005 archives to read our story.)

Monday, April 06, 2009

3 Years at the Atherton House


We settled into a beautiful 2 bedroom apartment with two bathrooms and a fireplace in Downey, California. Dan drove to work in Long Beach and I worked at the private school in Downey. Things seemed perfect.

Then, the surprise came: the school was not going to renew my contract. I was suddnely without a job.

We took drastic measures. We decided to save money and move back to Long Beach and to share a house with a bunch of people to cut costs. I went back to school for graduate work and worked part time.

Eventually, someone named the house The Atherton House.

So many different people lived there! There were times that I'd come home and see a stranger cooking food in our kitchen. I'd see a strange body sleeping on one of our couches. It seemed like if someone mentioned FOOD, and instant party occurred.

My closest friend Marion visited me at the Atherton House and eventually moved to Long Beach.

Looking back, I'd must say that the three years at the Atherton House were some of the most fun years of our marriage!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

Followers