This is the Schneider-Farris Family's Blog. Keep up with what we are doing by logging into this site regularly! (The reason this site is called "Tragedy and Triumph" is that when I first founded this site, my husband, Dan, had been in a horrible accident, and he recovered. His recovery was a miracle! Go back to the 2005 archives to read our story.)

Monday, April 06, 2009

San Francisco - April 1988 - Late October 1991

We moved to San Franciso in early April of 1988. We had an apartment across the street from the beach in the Sunset District of the City. Living in San Francisco by the beach is not prime property in San Francisco since there is so much fog, but we loved it anyway. There was a bike path right in front of the apartment. We could inline skate on the bike path anytime we wanted. We could take our tanden bike on the path too.

The food in San Francisco was also fantastic. I remember once having vegetarian spare ribs at a Chinese restaurant. I got really good a using chopsticks. The bagels in San Francisco were great! I don't remember doing much cooking...

Dan worked in the Haight Ashbury District. We got really good at parallel parking during our San Francisco years.

Eventually, I taught skating part time at Ice Capades Chalet San Mateo. I had another office job too.

We left San Francisco for Colorado Springs on October 23, 1991. We wanted to live in the mountains...

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

Followers