This is the Schneider-Farris Family's Blog. Keep up with what we are doing by logging into this site regularly! (The reason this site is called "Tragedy and Triumph" is that when I first founded this site, my husband, Dan, had been in a horrible accident, and he recovered. His recovery was a miracle! Go back to the 2005 archives to read our story.)

Monday, April 06, 2009

Engaged - November 1978

We had a very quick courtship.

After 30 years of marriage, I think it's amazing we got engaged so fast.

This is what happened. Dan picked me up one Saturday and we started talking about marriage. We were sitting in front of Grandma's house in Dan's old Ford Falcon during the conversation, I recall.

I blurted out something like, "Dan, I think I'd like to marry you someday."

Dan replied, "Is that a deal?"

We shook hands.

We then went in the house and told Grandma our news. We then took Grandma and her sister out to dinner to the Katella Deli to celebrate.

Rings:

We lucked out getting rings. Since my late grandfather, Max Schneider, was a jeweler, his younger brother David Schneider, had a manufacturing jewelery office in Long Beach. We arrived at Dave Schneider's store to put down a deposit for rings. Instead, we ended up with gorgeous rings for both of us for only $300 since he sold the rings to us WHOLESALE! We were amazed at all the diamonds on my ring!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

Followers