This is the Schneider-Farris Family's Blog. Keep up with what we are doing by logging into this site regularly! (The reason this site is called "Tragedy and Triumph" is that when I first founded this site, my husband, Dan, had been in a horrible accident, and he recovered. His recovery was a miracle! Go back to the 2005 archives to read our story.)
Saturday, May 31, 2008
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
- Investigation ongoing in fatal shooting
- Gendernalik killed by gunshot wound to head
The photo on the left was taken in 1995 or 1996. My dear friend Larisa Gendernalik, volunteered the baby sitting services of her daughter Valerie. Joel loved when Valerie watched him.
The photo on the right was taken at Chanukah on Ice in late 2005. Jo Ann is standing next to beautiful Valerie. Valerie was probably about 22 or 23 years old at the time.
Sadly, Valerie died tragically this past Memorial Day Weekend in Fort Collins. It is believed she was shot. Please pray for the Gendernalik family.
Monday, May 26, 2008
Sunday, May 25, 2008
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Below is a video montage of a very fun afternoon!
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Friday, May 16, 2008
Here are some photos from Fire and Ice that took place on 5-16-08. Rebekah did her Juvenile singles program, Annabelle did her Pre-Juvenile competition program, and Joel and Rebekah did their Juvenile Pair Program on stand-by. What that meant is that they had to be ready to go in case there was time. For that reason, Joel wore all black since Rebekah didn't have time to change out of her new dress. It turned out that their costumes looked great and the kids skated great too.
Notice that in these photos, Joel is lifting Annabelle! These photos were taken just before Rebekah took the ice for her singles warm-up, so she had to go! Joel and Annabelle wanted to show off Annabelle's pair talent!
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Monday, May 05, 2008
Sunday, May 04, 2008
- ► 2018 (33)
- ► 2017 (109)
- ► 2016 (120)
- ► 2015 (49)
- ► 2014 (56)
- ► 2012 (16)
- ► 2011 (78)
- ► 2010 (79)
- ► 2009 (232)
- One Year of Modern Dance With Sara
- Rebekah Honored With Other Girl Scouts
- 3 Years of Figure Skaters' Ballet
- Our Friend Valerie Gendernalik Is Dead
- Cool New Photos
- We Went Roller Skating 5-25-08
- Pair Skating Lesson 5-24-08
- Evening at Larkspur House
- Carol Fox Ice Dance Weekend 5-17-08
- Videos From Broadmoor Skating Club's Fire and Ice ...
- Broadmoor Skating Club Fire and Ice 5-16-08
- Rebekah's New Skating Dress
- Videos of the 5-4-08 Figure Skating Tests
- Tests Passed 5-4-08!
- Photos of Annabelle - 5-2-08 Fire and Ice
- Annabelle Skates in Fire and Ice 5-2-08
- Rebekah and Annabelle's First Piano Recital
- Rebekah Hikes With the Junior Girl Scouts
- ▼ May (18)
- ► 2006 (41)