This is the Schneider-Farris Family's Blog. Keep up with what we are doing by logging into this site regularly! (The reason this site is called "Tragedy and Triumph" is that when I first founded this site, my husband, Dan, had been in a horrible accident, and he recovered. His recovery was a miracle! Go back to the 2005 archives to read our story.)

Thursday, May 13, 2010

We Went to the Flying W Ranch to Celebrate My Birthday - May 7, 2010


I wanted to do something special for my birthday, so I made a reservation for our family to go to the Flying W Ranch Winter Steak House. The last time we'd been to the Flying W Ranch was before Rebekah and Annabelle were born and when Joel was just a little guy. I knew we'd all be in for a treat.

The meal was great of course, but what made the evening extra fun was when the cowboys that entertained the audience asked for volunteers to come on stage. Rebekah and Annabelle volunteered themselves and me!

Suddenly we all were on stage and we were told we were going to play a "To Tell The Truth" type game. Rebekah and Annabelle were taken to a "secret room" and I was asked some questions. There were two other families on stage, so I wasn't alone.

The girls came back and we tried to see if their answers matched mine. I don't remember the specific questions, but they asked things like "What is your favorite thing to do with your children?" and "What did your kids give you last year on Mother's Day?" and "Which celebrity would be a perfect match for your daughters?"

None of the questions were answered the same by me or the girls....

Then, they sent me backstage with the two other moms. When I returned, I was asked, "When is your birthday?"

Of course, my answer and the girl's answer matched!

Everyone in the place was asked to since "Happy Birthday" to me! It was really special! Here I was, standing on stage, and not only were "Waiter Cowboys" singing to me, but all the customers in the Steakhouse celebrated with me!

After that, we went back to our table and finished our dinner. It was so good! I had bbq brisket, Annabelle had bbq chicken, Dan had steak, and Rebekah had halibut. Joel enjoyed the chips and popcorn. All three kids had ice cream for dessert. The meal also included a baked potato, baked beans, biscuits, and salad.

When we finished the meal, the Flying W Wranglers entertained us with an incredible live stage show. It was a night and birthday to remember!




No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

Followers