This is the Schneider-Farris Family's Blog. Keep up with what we are doing by logging into this site regularly! (The reason this site is called "Tragedy and Triumph" is that when I first founded this site, my husband, Dan, had been in a horrible accident, and he recovered. His recovery was a miracle! Go back to the 2005 archives to read our story.)

Saturday, January 29, 2011

My Mom, Edith Kadison Schneider, Died Today 1-29-11



Many of our family and friends have known for awhile that my mom, Edith Kadison Schneider, has been very, very ill.

My mom died early (at about 6:00 AM) this morning 1-29-11. Please keep my family and especially my father, Dr. Arthur Schneider, in your thoughts and prayers.

There will be a service in Colorado and also one in Long Beach, California in the coming week.

------------------------

My dad wrote the following this morning to the staff at the Chicago Medical School, where he is on the faculty:

    'I got a call early this morning, my wife Edie (Edith K. Schneider) died quietly this morning. Many of you know that she has been quite ill since early September, and her passing was not unexpected.

    The most wonderful thing that ever hapened to me was having her with me since we first met in 1948. We met on a "blind date" while we were both undergraduates at UCLA. The next morning, she called me and asked if I could help her with a car problem. We have never been apart since then.

    On the practical side, she will be transported from here to Colorado where we will have a service by the gazebo of our home in Larkspur, Colorado. It is very beautiful there. Two of our children and their families live nearby. Following that she will be transferred to Forest Lawn in Long Beach, California where we will have a second service. Our youngest daughter and her family live near there. Long Beach and Colorado are our "real" homes. So in a sense, she will be returning home.'













1 comment:

Contributor said...

Dear Mrs. Schneider and Family,

I am writing to extend our deepest condolences to you and your family. This note is written in behalf of an exclusive group of friends and students of Dr. Schneider, your father.
First, let me assure you of our complete private means by which we write this note. I hope you understand, we as a group do not intend to pry into your personal life events.
However, knowing Dr. Schneider personally for the wonderfully intelligent and kind professor he is, we felt we had to do something as soon as we heard of this tragedy. We would have liked to attend the ceremony this Thursday. We are saddened we cannot attend it at this time. This would have given us a better chance to get to know your mother, Mrs. Edith Schneider, and to learn about the wonderful life she spent along side your father's.
We wish you all the strength you need to pull it through, and remember our prayers will be with you and your family.

Sincerely,

Radu Purtuc, Scholl P2,
Irene Arroyo, Scholl P2,
Marc Delara, Scholl P2,
(Rosalid Franklin University of Medicine and Science, Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine)
January 31, 2011

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

Followers