This is the Schneider-Farris Family's Blog. Keep up with what we are doing by logging into this site regularly! (The reason this site is called "Tragedy and Triumph" is that when I first founded this site, my husband, Dan, had been in a horrible accident, and he recovered. His recovery was a miracle! Go back to the 2005 archives to read our story.)

Thursday, August 04, 2016

Visit to Living Pianos and Meeting Robert Estrin! 8-2-16

I've been watching Robert Estrin's LivingPianos.com YouTube videos for years!  Every time I visit southern California, I've wanted to make a trip to his piano store, but just didn't have the time, but finally, I took the time to visit the Living Piano store on Tiesday, August 2, 2016!


JO ANN and the Famous Robert Estrin  (Owner of Living Pianos)
I knew in advance that Mr. Estrin only sells the very best pianos, and know his pianos might not be in "my budget," but  I wanted to see his pianos anyway and also meet him and see him in action.

Robert Estrin's LivingPianos.com videos have taught me so much about pianos, music history, and about piano techniques and recommendations.  Visiting his store just seemed like a fun thing to do!

Mr . Estrin gave us a personal tour of his store, played songs for us on various pianos, talked about the history of the harpsicord and showed us various beautiful instruments.  It was a wonderful "field trip!"

Harpsichords and (in center0 an original piano!

A Double Harpsichord!

One of the first pianos ever made!






I love this upright piano! (at the left is a little "Schroder" piano!







No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

Followers