This is the Schneider-Farris Family's Blog. Keep up with what we are doing by logging into this site regularly! (The reason this site is called "Tragedy and Triumph" is that when I first founded this site, my husband, Dan, had been in a horrible accident, and he recovered. His recovery was a miracle! Go back to the 2005 archives to read our story.)

Friday, December 28, 2018

Unacceptable Service From Southwest Airlines Personnel at Denver International Airport


(Update! Southwest Airlines called me apologized😀 12/28/18 10:45 am...they also will issue Annabelle a $50 Luv Voucher towards her next Southwest flight.
---------------------------------

Below is a copy of the letter I have sent to Denver International Airport on 12/28/18.  I am very disappointed with the Southwest Airlines workers in the baggage check in area at DIA!

----------------------------------------------------

To Whom it May Concern:

Yesterday, on December 27, 2018, my daughter was weighing her bags at the Southwest check in area and while doing that her Colorado Drivers License accidentally was dropped and fell under and behind one of the construction temporary walls at the Denver International Airport.

This incident happened at 5:35 am.  NO ONE from Southwest Airlines would help her retrieve the license even though she knew exactly where it was. In fact, she was basically told "Too Bad" and/or "It's your tough luck" and "you can't get it back ever" from the airport personnel in the area. 

Fortunately, she had her passport with her so she was still able to fly to her destination.

After she called me (in tears), I called the number on your website that was the police office and asked for help retrieving the license.

Anna, who answered the phone went "over and above" for me.  She got someone to go to the exact place where the license was and go behind the construction temp wall and retrieve the license.  She then called me and told me that the license was safely at the Airport's Lost and Found.

When the Lost and Found department finally opened at 8:00 am, I could not get through to the office on the phone, so I called Anna back for help, and she made sure I got through to the Lost and Found's supervisor, Carey, who told me that my daughter's license was definitely at the Lost and Found and gave me exact directions on how to retrieve it.

Later in the day, I made the six hour round trip to DIA and the volunteers were so helpful in directing me to the Lost and Found and I was able to retrieve my daughter's license!

Thank you so much for this excellent experience.

Please though, tell the Southwest personnel and/or the airport personnel to be more helpful when things like this happen.  They were very rude and unhelpful and I do plan to file a complaint with Southwest.

JO ANN Schneider Farris

-----------------------------------------------------------

And...below is the complaint I filed with Southwest Airlines:

On December 27, 2018, my daughter was weighing her bags at the Southwest check in area and while doing that her Colorado Drivers License accidentally was dropped and fell under and behind one of the construction temporary walls at Denver International Airport in the Southwest airlines baggage check in area.

This incident happened at 5:35 am.  NO ONE from Southwest Airlines would help her retrieve the license even though she knew exactly where it was. In fact, she was basically told "Too Bad" and/or "It's your tough luck" and "you can't get it back ever" from the Southwest personnel in the area. 

Fortunately, she had her passport with her so she was still able to fly to her destination.

After she called me (in tears), I called the number on the DIA website that was the police office and asked for help retrieving the license.

Anna, who answered the phone went "over and above" for me.  She got someone to go to the exact place where the license was and go behind the construction temp wall and retrieve the license.  She then called me and told me that the license was safely at the Airport's Lost and Found.

When the Lost and Found department finally opened at 8:00 am, I could not get through to the office on the phone, so I called Anna back for help, and she made sure I got through to the Lost and Found's supervisor, Carey, who told me that my daughter's license was definitely at the Lost and Found and gave me exact directions on how to retrieve it.

Later in the day, I made the six hour round trip to DIA and the airport welcome volunteers were so helpful in directing me to the Lost and Found and I was able to retrieve my daughter's license!  

Now I have to securely ship the license to my daughter.  If the Southwest personnel in the area had been helpful, I would not have had to spend an entire day retrieving the license and my daughter would have her Colorado identification in her possession at this time.

The airport personnel were helpful, but the Southwest personnel were very rude and unhelpful and I am very disappointed in Southwest Airlines service regarding this incident.  I do expect a response and apology and perhaps a LUV voucher or refund to make up for this very poor service from Southwest Airlines. 

JO ANN Schneider Farris

--------------------------------------------

(Update! Southwest Airlines called me apologized😀 12/28/18 10:45 am...they also will issue Annabelle a $50 Luv Voucher towards her next Southwest flight.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

Followers