This is the Schneider-Farris Family's Blog. Keep up with what we are doing by logging into this site regularly! (The reason this site is called "Tragedy and Triumph" is that when I first founded this site, my husband, Dan, had been in a horrible accident, and he recovered. His recovery was a miracle! Go back to the 2005 archives to read our story.)

Friday, May 27, 2022

Mother’s Day and my Birthday 2022 - A Very Special Month of May

Mother’s Day Hike 2022

It’s been a rough year for me and my family due to my father’s death and also the bad experiences with my siblings that followed regarding his estate.  My life has truly been torn apart.  I needed time with my family and I have wished to be happy again.

I had one wish for the month of May 2022:  I wanted my family to be together for my birthday on May 7 and also for Mother’s Day and just to be together.  I got my wish and May 2022 has truly been a wonderful month.

Jo Ann happily skiing in Colorado in late April or early May 2022

Everyone has been apart:  Dan was in California until the end of April with his ailing mother and family, Rebekah completed her fourth Disney On Ice tour at the end of April and flew back to Colorado from Texas on April 26, Annabelle and Ben were already in Colorado, Jo Ann  and our sweet dog Duchess left Sun Valley for Colorado on April 22, and Joel left a couple weeks later.  

By May 4, we were all together again!

Together on my birthday May 7, 2022 at Loveland Ski Area


So…on Saturday, May 7, off we all went to Loveland Ski Area for a day of skiing in celebration of Jo Ann’s birthday,  Our friends Maureen, Jim, and Cece Weaver met us there.

It was truly a wonderful day together skiing on my birthday.  On the way home we stopped at Guadalajuara restaurant in Castle Rock for dinner.  It was the first time we’d been there since we ate there right before my father died in December.  

On Sunday, May 8, we first went to Coyotes Den in Penrose and then we stopped at the Aiken Canyon trail and did a four mile hike together.  

The fun did not end…







We went skiing again three more times in Arapahoe Basin!  We went on more hikes together.   One special hike was at Mueller State Park, but we also went to Red Rocks Open Space.   We ice skated together too!



One of the special things we got to do together was get together with our dear friends Sam Anderson and  Larisa Gendernalik at Poor Richards!  Sam’s mom Hellene died a year ago and we had not yet had a chance to see Sam.  Also, seeing Larisa was wonderful!




We watched movies together and ate meals together.  Of course we went to Poor Richards (our favorite family place) and to Burrowing Owl!  




We went to Shabbat services together too.










May 2022 turned out to be so wonderful for me and the entire Schneider-Farris family!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

Followers