This is the Schneider-Farris Family's Blog. Keep up with what we are doing by logging into this site regularly! (The reason this site is called "Tragedy and Triumph" is that when I first founded this site, my husband, Dan, had been in a horrible accident, and he recovered. His recovery was a miracle! Go back to the 2005 archives to read our story.)

Wednesday, December 14, 2022

December 13, 2022 - Thoughts on the first anniversary of my father’s death

This is the photo I have had up as my cover photo on Facebook for about a year of my dad happily enjoying a meal out just about a seven months before he died on December 13, 2021 (one year ago today).  

It’s been a rough year for me since his death:  Not only did I lose my father who I took care of until the day he died, but the life I built for me and my dad in Long Beach, California and the house I took care of him in Colorado were abruptly taken away AND I lost the relationship I had with my siblings and some of their family members.  Our relationship is not doing all that well at this time, but I hope someday for a reconciliation.

BUT….as I reflect on this past year, I realize I have so much:  

I have all the wonderful memories of all the precious years I had with my Daddy.  (Yes…my Daddy gave me so much and I loved him so much.). 

I have the most incredible three grown children ever (one who has the most fantastic boyfriend on earth who I consider family) and a wonderful husband who I’ve almost been married to for 44 years. 

I also have some really fantastic cousins!  

And….just like George Bailey in “It’s a Wonderful Life,” I have had and have a wonderful life!  

I am thankful for all the friends I have especially…on social media….but also for all the amazing people who have touched my life in person and for the lives I’ve touched (and my father touched).  

I am also thankful that I can ice skate (on both figure and hockey skates!) and inline skate, downhill alpine ski, telemark ski, cross country ski, skate cross country ski, snow shoe, scooter, hike, dog scooter, ski scooter, electric scooter, climb mountains and scooter or ski down, swim, bike, kayak, stand up paddle board, dance, play tennis and pickle ball and ping pong, and do so many other fun things in my sixties.  

Note:  My Daddy loved to wait for me as I did all those things listed above so he could go out to eat with me as soon as I returned!

If my Daddy was here, he’d tell you all how much he appreciates you for being a part of his and my life.

Sending hugs and love to everyone who reads this!




No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

Followers