This is the Schneider-Farris Family's Blog. Keep up with what we are doing by logging into this site regularly! (The reason this site is called "Tragedy and Triumph" is that when I first founded this site, my husband, Dan, had been in a horrible accident, and he recovered. His recovery was a miracle! Go back to the 2005 archives to read our story.)

Thursday, January 25, 2024

My Parents’ Plaque Is Finally Up and Correct

Forest Lawn finally got the plaque corrected….summary of what happened:  there was a lot of discussion by my siblings about what should be on my father’s plaque and it was finally decided it would just mirror my mother’s.  It took so long that I asked for an addition, but Forest Lawn messed up and it was wrong.  I felt so bad since me asking for an addition caused the error.  I asked if they could correct it and finally they did.




There was a disagreement with my siblings about what would be on the plaque on my father’s grave.  Billy first told me it was okay to write anything I wanted, but when Lynnellen disapproved of what I came up with, Billy just stepped in and mirrored what was on my Mom’s.  

When I visit my parents at Forest Lawn, when I see the plaque, I will only remember Lynnellen criticizing me for what I wanted the plaque to say.  I will also remember the “wrong” plaque that is no longer there since the error occurred because I asked if there was room for “Uncle” and “Brother.”

Incorrect Plaque left out “Grandfather”

This is what I wanted on the plaque:



Here’s the “back and forth conversation” about what the plaque should say:






(I showed Lynnellen and Billy this example sent by my cousin Donna trying to explain that the headstone tells those who see it in the future the story of one’s life.  They still did understand how important this was to me.)

















(I feel different now  - I will still visit my parents at Forest Lawn, but this plaque discussion will forever be somewhat of a painful memory.)



No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

Followers