This is the Schneider-Farris Family's Blog. Keep up with what we are doing by logging into this site regularly! (The reason this site is called "Tragedy and Triumph" is that when I first founded this site, my husband, Dan, had been in a horrible accident, and he recovered. His recovery was a miracle! Go back to the 2005 archives to read our story.)

Friday, February 11, 2011

My Mom Is Put to Rest and Our Family Comes Together to Celebrate Her Life - February 11, 2011

As I reflect about today, I am trying to figure out the right word to describe it. I think the word LOVE has to be it.

Today was a day all about LOVE because I was surrounded by people that LOVE one another.




We came together to say good-bye to my mother, Edith Kadison Schneider. So many of my relatives and friends came together. That was all about LOVE.

I got to be with my dad, my sister, Lynnellen, and my brother Billy. I got to be with my sister's children and grandchildren. I got to be with my husband's mother, brothers, and my sister-in-law. My father's brother, Bobby, and his cousins and aunts and uncles were there. Their children came to be with us. My mother's cousins, nieces, and nephews, and their children were with us. My dad's very best friend's wife and daughter came to be with us. My closest and lifelong friend, Marion, and her husband Bruce, were there. Also, my sister's childhood friend, Sue, was there. A friend from roller skating and ice skating shared the day with us too.

Just seeing family and friends in one place was beautiful.

I said good-bye to my mom.

I hugged and hugged those I loved.

It was a long day. The service was beautiful. Rabbi Steven Moskowitz from Temple Israel in Long Beach did a wonderful job. My dad again shared the same thoughts and reflections and poems he shared at the Colorado service we had on Monday, February 7.

Then, I shared the same presentation I gave all about my mom (that also is in this blog) that I'd shared in Colorado on Monday. The memory slide show was shown once again.

We then moved to where my mom was put to rest. That was a difficult time for me, It was also so very difficult for my dad. It was especially hard when we saw my mother's coffin locked shut and moved to where other Schneider family members are resting. Seeing my Grandpa Max and Grandma Fannie names there brought tears to my eyes.

Once we got to the reception the "Celebration of Edith Kadison Schneider's Life" began. It was the most special time. My dad took the time to say a few more words and an open mic session followed. My Uncle Bobby shared some of his memories of my mom, then Lynnellen's close friend Sue, shared memories, followed by my dad's closest friend (Jerry Smith) daughter, Karen, then Lynnellen's son Cody, and then my best friend Marion.

Sue and Karen remember how my parents welcomed them into their home. Cody remembered his "little sweet Grandma" and how she was so scared to see him and his brother Drew ride scooters too fast down the street! Marion asked my dad why my mom and dad let her drive their car when she was only 16 and a brand new driver!

Then there was more visiting and love was passed around. It was hard to say good-bye.




















No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

Followers