This is the Schneider-Farris Family's Blog. Keep up with what we are doing by logging into this site regularly! (The reason this site is called "Tragedy and Triumph" is that when I first founded this site, my husband, Dan, had been in a horrible accident, and he recovered. His recovery was a miracle! Go back to the 2005 archives to read our story.)

Monday, April 07, 2014

35 Years of Marriage! April 7, 1979 --- April 7, 2014

Today, Dan and I celebrate our 35th anniversary!

We were married on April 7, 1979 in Dan's parents backyard. I wore a borrowed dress and platform shoes from Goodwill since the dress was too long for me. Dan put on the only jacket he had and wore a tie. My mom made the veil that morning and I guess we ordered some flowers from somewhere. We were into the days of "hippie type" weddings!

We've lived in Long Beach, California, San Francisco, California, and Colorado Springs, Colorado during those 35 years.

We have done so many things together: had three children who are now teenagers, lived in a commune type house, passed out pamphlets together on inline skates on the streets of San Francisco, Chicago, and New York City, been through near tragedy when Dan was in an accident in 2005, learned to talk to the deaf, laughed and cried together, and done many more things!






No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

Followers