This is the Schneider-Farris Family's Blog. Keep up with what we are doing by logging into this site regularly! (The reason this site is called "Tragedy and Triumph" is that when I first founded this site, my husband, Dan, had been in a horrible accident, and he recovered. His recovery was a miracle! Go back to the 2005 archives to read our story.)
Thursday, May 29, 2014
Photo of My Great-Grandfather Menasha Kadison
One of my mother's relatives has done extensive research on our family history and sent me this photo today.
This is the photo of Menasha Kadison, my grandfather Joseph Kadison's father (my maternal grandfather who died before I was born). This is my great-grandfather! My mother's father's family came from Warsaw, Poland. Many left before the Holocaust. When I see a photo like this, I realize that the weekend I just spent with Orthodox Jews in NYC was very much part of the life my grandfather led before he came to the USA seeking adventure!
- ► 2017 (109)
- ► 2016 (120)
- ► 2015 (49)
- My First "Real Shabbos" - 5-24-2014
- A New York Jewish Wedding to Remember 5-25-2014
- My Son's Ten Day Israeli Journey With Taglit-Birth...
- Photo of My Great-Grandfather Menasha Kadison
- Robert Schneider - My Dad's Brother Passed Away
- Annabelle's Bat Mitzah - May 10 and May 11, 2014
- Jo Ann's Birthday 5-7-2014
- Rebekah's Senior Ceremony 5-2-2014
- ▼ May (8)
- ► 2012 (16)
- ► 2011 (78)
- ► 2010 (79)
- ► 2009 (232)
- ► 2008 (142)
- ► 2006 (41)