This is the Schneider-Farris Family's Blog. Keep up with what we are doing by logging into this site regularly! (The reason this site is called "Tragedy and Triumph" is that when I first founded this site, my husband, Dan, had been in a horrible accident, and he recovered. His recovery was a miracle! Go back to the 2005 archives to read our story.)

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Robert Schneider - My Dad's Brother Passed Away


Something really sad happened yesterday, May 14, 2014.

My dad called his younger brother to wish him Happy Birthday and there was no answer. He then called, Shelley, the woman my uncle has lived with for the past 50 years.

It turned out my Uncle Bobby died of complications from pneumonia or the flu on April 17, 2014. Shelley and the hospital didn't know how to reach my dad, so he didn't find out until yesterday, May 14, 2014.

 This photo was taken on April 7, 1979, the day I married Dan.

Shelly is the tall woman in the pink dress at the far right. My uncle Bobby is standing next to her and my Grandma Fannie is the short woman in the mink stole standing in front of Bobby and Shelley. My sister, Lynnellen is next to Grandma Fannie. Of course Dan and I are in the middle. My cousin Loren is in the beige suit kneeling in front and my brother Billy is in the blue suit and also kneeling. My dad and mom are in front of Billy and my cousin Cheryl Kadison-Jay is between my mom and her mom and dad, my Aunt Miriam and Uncle Norman (my mom's brother).

It's nice to look at this photo as we mourn my Uncle Bobby's untimely death. My dad has made arrangements for Uncle Bobby to be buried with the other members of the Schneider family at Forest Lawn in Lakewood, California.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

Followers