This is the Schneider-Farris Family's Blog. Keep up with what we are doing by logging into this site regularly! (The reason this site is called "Tragedy and Triumph" is that when I first founded this site, my husband, Dan, had been in a horrible accident, and he recovered. His recovery was a miracle! Go back to the 2005 archives to read our story.)
Monday, May 16, 2016
My son Joel made it through another year of ice and snow and sun too!
He's just completed his second year of the Disney On Ice Frozen tour! This second year of touring was much "warmer" than the year before since the tour mostly was on the west coast of the USA. The latter part of the tour went east again and the last show was on Sunday, May 15, 2016 in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Next Frozen will tour Japan, Australia, New Zealand, and Europe. Joel has to be in Japan on June 27 to begin rehearsals and this third tour ends on August 20, 2017.
Joel tells me he has skated and performed in 877 ice shows since he left home on July 21, 2014. During this second season, he made a wonderful group of friends with some of the cast members and the kids did a lot of fun things together, including sky diving, skiing, pool parties, going to shows together, skate boarding, and just sitting on the beach.
The Disney On Ice: Frozen show was and is so popular that he and the cast and crew worked so hard and traveled and traveled and skated and skated and made thousands of people happy!
Our whole family is so proud of you Joel! "You made it AGAIN through the snow, rain, sun, and ice!"
"You made it through the rain (and ice), and found yourself respected by the others who got rained on, too, and made it through..."
Can you imagine hearing and skating to "Do You Want to Build a Snowman" and "Let It Go" more than 877 times!??
Way to go, Joel and way to go to the entire Disney On Ice Frozen cast! You are all "my heroes!"
- ► 2018 (33)
- ► 2017 (109)
- Three Schneider-Farris Kids Together Again for One...
- Summary of My Experience Writing for About.com
- Charles William Schneider - 2016 Highlands Ranch H...
- Reunion With Morry and Elda Stillwell! Tuesday, M...
- My son Joel made it through another year of ice an...
- Annabelle at The Prom 5-14-16
- Highlights of 10 Years of Writing About Figure Ska...
- Remembering JO ANN's Figure Skating Blog
- JO ANN on KOAA Channel 5 Colorado Springs News! 5-...
- Annabelle - Tennis 2016
- JO ANN's 60th Birthday! May 7, 1956 through May 7...
- Westminster Waltz - 5/1/16 - Did Not Pass (bummer)...
- Joel Looks Good! - May 1, 2016
- ▼ May (13)
- ► 2015 (49)
- ► 2014 (56)
- ► 2012 (16)
- ► 2011 (78)
- ► 2010 (79)
- ► 2009 (232)
- ► 2008 (142)
- ► 2006 (41)