This is the Schneider-Farris Family's Blog. Keep up with what we are doing by logging into this site regularly! (The reason this site is called "Tragedy and Triumph" is that when I first founded this site, my husband, Dan, had been in a horrible accident, and he recovered. His recovery was a miracle! Go back to the 2005 archives to read our story.)

Thursday, July 13, 2023

Visit to See the Resting Place of My First Ice Dance Partner Corey Isenberg and to See His Widow Susan on July 12, 2023

Learning that my first ice dance skating partner Corey Isenberg had died on April 4, 2023 shocked my soul.  I felt like a part of me was gone.  He was a connection to both of my parents.  He was part of my childhood, but part of my entire life.

So…I felt it was essential to visit with his widow Susan and also visit the place he’d been put to rest, Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery in St. Louis, Missouri.

Below is a video where I talk to Corey when I visit him.


I left three rocks on top of his headstone:  one from me and my husband Dan and my children, one representing my parents, and one representing our coach Howie Harrold who died when his home made sauna blew up when I was 13.  Dan sang the Mourner’s Kaddish.  



Above are a couple photos of our visit with Corey’s widow Susan before we went to the visit Corey at the cemetary. 

Susan shared with two very happy photos of Corey that she took when he got sick.  They are below.  As you can see, Corey was very happy and tried to remain positive, but he’d also lost a lot of weight.



In honor of my ice dance partnership with Corey, we posed in an ice dance position (Kilian position) together in front of the car, our replacement PT Cruiser for the one that was stolen, that brought us to St. Louis, Missouri.





No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

Followers