This is the Schneider-Farris Family's Blog. Keep up with what we are doing by logging into this site regularly! (The reason this site is called "Tragedy and Triumph" is that when I first founded this site, my husband, Dan, had been in a horrible accident, and he recovered. His recovery was a miracle! Go back to the 2005 archives to read our story.)

Saturday, August 15, 2009

My Niece Phoebe Wins National Showcase!

I usually boast about one of my own three kids, but today I'm going to boast about my brother, Billy's daughter Phoebe Schneider!
Today, 8-15-09, Phoebe became the US National Showcase Champion!

(Unfortunatelly, my family is on vacation in California and my parents are in Illinois, so we didn't get to be at the event.)

The way my sister-in-law, Amy, described it is as follows:

Phoebe won the qualifying round. She advanced to the finals and won that too.

That qualified her for the Parade of Champions which was like an ice show with spotlights. All the winners performed. Everyone waited in anticipation to find out who would win the entire competition. (This reminds me of a Miss America Pageant.)

The podium was set up at center ice. No one knew who the winners were.

4th place was announced. Then 3rd. Then 2nd.

Then the announcement came:

"The National Showcase Junior Parade of Champions Champion is Phoebe Schneider!"

Phoebe skated out to receive her award and "Mr. Debonair" Richard Dwyer interviewed her in front of a the audience!

The President of US Figure Skating presented the awards!

Phoebe is a US National Champion!

The entire Schneider family is SO EXCITED and HAPPY for Phoebe! We also know that Billy and Amy and Charlie must be so very proud.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

Followers