This is the Schneider-Farris Family's Blog. Keep up with what we are doing by logging into this site regularly! (The reason this site is called "Tragedy and Triumph" is that when I first founded this site, my husband, Dan, had been in a horrible accident, and he recovered. His recovery was a miracle! Go back to the 2005 archives to read our story.)

Sunday, March 07, 2010

My Mother's Brother's Daughter's Son Is a Father 3-7-10


My mother, Edith Kadison Schneider, had one brother. He was my Uncle Norman Kadison.

Uncle Norman, passed away about 21 years ago in December of 1988 (I think). At Uncle Norman's funeral, I briefly got to see my cousin, Cherie (Norman's youngest child). Cherie had just given birth to Josh. That was about 21 years ago. That was the last time I saw Cherie or Josh until just a few weeks ago.

Anyway, just before and after my recent trip to Vancouver, I went to Seattle and visited Cherie, Josh, Cherie's husband, Tim, and also I got to meet Sarah, the mother of Josh's new baby girl who was born today, 3-7-10 at about 3:00 in the morning.

Cherie writes:

"Baby is doing just fine. Sarah popped her out in about 1/2 hour. Josh is going to be a good dad.

I know Alexis weighed 6lbs, 15 oz and is 20" long. She has golden brown hair and lots of it. She has a sweet face and big feet. Hard to tell at this point who she looks like.

She was born at Highline Community Hospital in Des Moines, where Sarah's mom works. The doctor on call last night has known Josh since he was a little boy. She lived next door to Tim's brother at Dash Point. I was hoping that she would get to deliver Alexis.

Sarah had no problem and will more than likely go home this afternoon.

Enjoy the pictures.

Love,

Grandma Cheryl"





No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

Followers