This is the Schneider-Farris Family's Blog. Keep up with what we are doing by logging into this site regularly! (The reason this site is called "Tragedy and Triumph" is that when I first founded this site, my husband, Dan, had been in a horrible accident, and he recovered. His recovery was a miracle! Go back to the 2005 archives to read our story.)

Thursday, May 26, 2011

My Bad Experience With A Private School Called University School of Colorado Springs

I was told yesterday that my son could not even apply and would NEVER be accepted to a private school called the University School of Colorado Springs. (I don't want to get into details of why here, but I did feel that there was some prejudice involved. When I get upset, I write about it!)

The administration did not even take the time to interview me or my son in person. We are so disappointed. We were just exploring possibilities. It felt like a door was slammed in our face.

The school's director made the statement that she did not "feel right" about considering my son's application.

We will never forget that he wasn't even given a chance to apply.

Something just doesn't seem "right" about the way this was handled.

Now, I'm glad my son was not given a chance to apply to the University School of Colorado Springs. I was saved from further frustration and also wasting my money on that place!

Perhaps one day this school will realize that slamming the door in our face (and probably the faces of other past and future applicants) was really mean.

I am passing this information on so that others can be warned to stay away from that school!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

Followers