This is the Schneider-Farris Family's Blog. Keep up with what we are doing by logging into this site regularly! (The reason this site is called "Tragedy and Triumph" is that when I first founded this site, my husband, Dan, had been in a horrible accident, and he recovered. His recovery was a miracle! Go back to the 2005 archives to read our story.)

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Someone Copied My About.com Articles Word For Word

I was shocked to find out today that a figure skating coach in Michigan, who is PSA rated and certified, took my original About.com writings and some of the photos that went with the articles and put them on her site without crediting or linking to me.

She has not only violated PSA Ethics, but also copyright laws.

Even though I've written thousands of pieces, I can recognize my own original writings in a snap. I have spend hours and hours writing and researching my About.com Figure Skating articles, and to see someone use them in this way is very disturbing.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

Followers