This is the Schneider-Farris Family's Blog. Keep up with what we are doing by logging into this site regularly! (The reason this site is called "Tragedy and Triumph" is that when I first founded this site, my husband, Dan, had been in a horrible accident, and he recovered. His recovery was a miracle! Go back to the 2005 archives to read our story.)

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Mountain Vista Homeschool Academy End Of Year Activities

It seems like we just began our adventure at Mountain Vista Homeschool Academy. Our family's second year at the school has already come to and end! Last week, the kids gave their final performance at the Colorado Springs Conservatory (which was part of the school's program) and today was the Renaissance Festival that took the entire semester to prepare for.

It's time for me to reflect on what Mountain Vista Homeschool Academy has done to add to my children's lives.

Before we began the school two years ago, we were "lone unschoolers." I did things my own way and didn't think I needed what schools could offer.

I also admit the children and I were a bit afraid of went on inside of SCHOOLS in general. I had "rebelled" several years before because of a bad experience I had had with an online public school and had vowed to never put myself or my children in a public school again.

Mountain Vista Homeschool Academy has changed that attitude. They've made friends, their study and learning skills have improved, and the children are also confident about being in a school setting and feel more prepared for life.

The program and the teachers are great. The kids did incredible art and science projects this year, went on field trips, took part in a school dance, were in a parade, learned fencing, baton, and Ku Fu, were in drama productions, learned so much about history, got better at their reading and writing, and improved at their computer skills.

We can't wait for school to begin in the fall!













No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

Followers