This is the Schneider-Farris Family's Blog. Keep up with what we are doing by logging into this site regularly! (The reason this site is called "Tragedy and Triumph" is that when I first founded this site, my husband, Dan, had been in a horrible accident, and he recovered. His recovery was a miracle! Go back to the 2005 archives to read our story.)

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Thinking About How Our Family Has Triumphed



I am having a lazy Sunday afternoon. I spent the afternoon watching the 1978 version of Ice Castles.

It is a story of triumph. Most likely, a person who is injured and becomes blind, couldn't come back and compete and land a triple loop, but still, the heroine's triumph, is heartwarming.

Sometimes I forget that for my family to do what we have done after experiencing a time of tragedy (in 2005) is truly a triumph in itself.

The kids have been able to skate and have passed lots of tests, traveled, competed, and won medals. They have become such accomplished figure skaters! They've had a chance to do wonderful things with Mountain Vista Homeschool Academy. Rebekah had a great Bat Mitvah this year. All three have had a chance to go to Ramah Outdoor Adventure.

We also have such great friends and family.

My job as About.com's Guide to Figure Skating has given me so much joy. Dan has a job that he enjoys.

Triumph is about pushing forward when things at first may seem hopeless. Lots of sadness has happened to us in the six years too, but we continue to press forward.

Anyway, I realized today that we truly have triumphed!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

Followers