This is the Schneider-Farris Family's Blog. Keep up with what we are doing by logging into this site regularly! (The reason this site is called "Tragedy and Triumph" is that when I first founded this site, my husband, Dan, had been in a horrible accident, and he recovered. His recovery was a miracle! Go back to the 2005 archives to read our story.)

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

June 15, 2015 - Flash Flood!

Last night there was this horrible flash flood in Colorado Springs. Our entire family was on the road in three different cars in the worst of it.



Annabelle was holding our dog tightly and was helping me navigate and tried to keep me calm. I could barely see the road on the I-25 highway. Water was everywhere and cars were going out of control.

I got off at Circle, but cars were stalled in water all the way home. I couldn't recognize the streets.

I stopped at the Target parking lot for about an hour hoping the rain would cease, but the rain just kept coming down and down. I wondered if Noah and an ark was built somewhere nearby.... 

Joel and Dan made it home before us. Dan warned me in advance on how to drive past cars that were stuck in water. 

When Annabelle and I and our dog finally got to the house, Rebekah called and told Dan she was trying to get home from the South Academy freeway exit. We were so worried! When she finally did enter the house, she told me that cars were stuck everywhere and some were stuck in water and as she drove she felt like it was the "end of the world," but she was determined to make it home. 

A few minutes after she arrived, the power went out in our house. We lit candles and flashlights and the kids played a board game and cuddled with our dog and finally went to sleep. Joel said his first day home in Colorado was certainly not ordinary. Dan and I went to bed around midnight I think. 

This morning, the sun is shining, but we will never forget the night of June 15, 2015.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

Followers