This is the Schneider-Farris Family's Blog. Keep up with what we are doing by logging into this site regularly! (The reason this site is called "Tragedy and Triumph" is that when I first founded this site, my husband, Dan, had been in a horrible accident, and he recovered. His recovery was a miracle! Go back to the 2005 archives to read our story.)

Monday, May 08, 2023

Jo Ann’s Trip to London Continued….: Sunday, April 2, 2023

Queen’s Ice Rink London 4/23/23

It  was hard to say good-bye to Annabelle on Sunday morning, but we did our kisses and hugs good-bye and off she went towards a train that would take her to Heathrow Airport.




Rebekah and I took our time getting up and dressed. Then Rebekah went off to her yoga class where shed purchased an unlimited pass to go to classes during our bast London stay.

I enjoyed a cinnamon roll and coffee that I bought at Whole Foods. When Rebekah returned to the Airbnb we began a scooter-walk towards Poplar just because I wanted to see the area I am a die-hard Call the Midwife fan, and I just wanted to see the area that the PBS series takes place in.





And...yes...being in Poplar was such a treat! I got tons of photos of course!

We also went to a really nice coffee house near a beautiful park that was in the area.






















After doing a lot of walking in Poplar, Rebekah and I decided to scooter-walk to a place called Tofu Vegan, a vegan Chinese restaurant in Spitalfields. It was almost an hour long scooter-walk, but so fun too. I just so much seeing the London sites!















 Below are some photos from our wonderful dinner at Tofu Vegan.  I sure like vegan Asian food!























We didn't have time to scooter-walk back, so we found a train and headed back to Mile End where our Airbnb was. The reason we didn't have time was that Rebekah had arranged for us to go ice skating at the famous Queens Ice Rink in London with her friend CJ who is also in the cast of Disney On Ice.  The Queen’s rink is CJ’s home rink.


We packed up our stuff quickly: skates and warm clothes and then headed back to the train station. I didn't take my scooter since we weren't quite sure where to put it or lock it at the ice rink.


C.J. And Rebekah







C.J. did some "moves" for me while we skated. Also, because we were C.J.'s friend, we were allowed to store our bags and belongings behind the rink's rental skate desk free of charge.




Rebekah really impressed many of the people skating! I only brought my ice hockey skates on my trip, but just skating was so, so fun.



The public session was from 8:30 to 10:30 pm I recall, and we stayed for the whole thing. Afterwards, CJ drove us back to our Airbnb. I recall it was a rainy and cold night and quite a long drive. I still have a hard time getting used to what feels like driving on the "wrong side" of the street!


It felt good to get back to our Airbnb and I recall just enjoying some tea with Rebekah before heading to bed. It felt strange to not have Annabelle with us.


Of course, we were exhausted and slept well as we thought about our upcoming plans for more adventures in London during the upcoming week.  


No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

Followers