This is the Schneider-Farris Family's Blog. Keep up with what we are doing by logging into this site regularly! (The reason this site is called "Tragedy and Triumph" is that when I first founded this site, my husband, Dan, had been in a horrible accident, and he recovered. His recovery was a miracle! Go back to the 2005 archives to read our story.)

Monday, May 08, 2023

Jo Ann’s Trip to London continues Monday April 3, 2023

Monday was another "big day" since our cousins Deborah and Sarah Wald were meeting us at the Gallery of Dog exhibit at the Wallace Collection in London.

We'd never met these cousins face to face before, and the entire experience was so delightful!


Deborah and Sarah ware the grandchildren of the sister of my grandfather Joseph Kadison. I never met my Grandpa Joseph since he died of a hear attack in 1950. O


Our cousin Donna has done extensive research on the Kadison family and connected us.


The Gallery of Dogs exhibit was amazing! Also, the lunch afterwards with Deborah and Sarah also was wonderful!







Sarah

Deborah


























After hugging Deborah and Sarah good-bye, Rebekah let me explore the museum further since Rebekah said she was burned out of museums.. It was an absolutely incredible place.

It made me realize that the people in the paintings once lived in London over 100 or 200 or 300 years ago!

























 I especially enjoyed the exhibit that highlighted Queen Elizabeth's corgis. I just adore corgis and it was amazing to learn all about the Queen's love of that breed.






















After I left museum, we unlocked my scooter (I finally had a built in Scoot Lock and so I could lock and leave my scooter outside of the musem and that was good since they did not allow scooters inside). Then, Rebekah and I decided to just walk around the area since it was so beautiful and look for a coffee house. We found one and we both enjoyed a snack and some coffee. We learned that most coffee houses in London close around 4 or 5 pm, so I believe we stayed until the place closed.


My scooter was locked in front of the museum



We then decided to look for tourist merchandise and then head for the Tube which would take us back to London's East End. We noticed that our phones chargers

were getting low and sadly that the portable charger I brought I'd forgot to charge, so we hoped to find a new charger at one of those tourist shops. It was fun to look at the tourist shops anyway and I did purchase a charger, but when we we about to minutes from the shop it stopped working

and we didn't want to go back since the area we were in was so, so crowded.








Rebekah and I went on some alternative streets to escape the crowds and finally decided we just needed to find a Tube entrance to get back to East London. We had to keep one phone on so we'd know our way back. We were sure glad to be on the train and heading back once the train started to empty out.

Once we arrived back at Mile End, we briefly stopped at our Airbnb and then decided to go to the same pizza place we'd gone with Annabelle the day after our arrival in London.











Below are some photos I took before we left the very crowded area of London near the Wallace Collection Museum.







It was really cold, so after dinner, we hurried home on a very brisk and short scooter-walk down Bow Road. What a long but special day we'd had together!



No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

Followers