This is the Schneider-Farris Family's Blog. Keep up with what we are doing by logging into this site regularly! (The reason this site is called "Tragedy and Triumph" is that when I first founded this site, my husband, Dan, had been in a horrible accident, and he recovered. His recovery was a miracle! Go back to the 2005 archives to read our story.)

Thursday, May 11, 2023

Jo Ann’s trip to London continued….Tuesday, April 4, 2023


Tuesday we knew was our last full day at Mile End and East London. We also had to "save our energy" since we had tickets to see The Book of Mormon at London's West End (equivalent to America's Broadway)!

So...Rebekah went off to her yoga class and I took my time getting dressed. Then, after the yoga class, Rebekah sent me an address of a vegan coffee house called Jungle Electric that she really liked that was near her yoga class and I met her there. I just loved my morning scooter ride through that area of East London.






















The owner of vegan place, Jungle Electric, suggested we go to Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and Victoria Park after our time at his coffee house, so that is what we did and I'm so glad. Rebekah and spent some time together at the Queen Elizabeth park and especially enjoyed our time walking along the water canals. Before we went to the parks we did a bit of shopping on at a street shopping area. The shops were mostly bargain Arab type shops. I heard a lot of different languages as I scootered around while Rebekah shopped.













After shopping, Rebekah and I headed to Olympic Park.  We had a nice stroll along the canals.  Then, Rebekah and I went our separate ways.  



















When Rebekah and I separated, I went off to Victoria Park and I’m so glad I did.  

















After my absolutely delightful scooter ride and adventure through Victoria Park, I went back to Jungle Electric to get Rebekah and I "take away" vegan Bangers and Mash to eat back at our Airbnb before we headed to London's West End to see our Broadway Show!











We didn't have time for a complete leisurely dinner since we had to get on the Tube, but we still enjoyed our meal so very much!


So…. without my scooter, we went walked to the Mile End Station and got on the Tube headed for the West End theater district around 6 pm.


It was all so East finding the Prince of Wales Theater and finding our seats. I bought us tickets in the front row and right in the center!




To sum things up: Wow! We both loved The Book of Mormon! I told Rebekah that even though it was a comical musical, there was a lot in the story I related to. In another blog post, someday, I'll write out my thoughts and review on this really good show.


And...here's a funny side tidbit:


Years ago, we thought the Book of Mormon was coming to Colorado Springs. We bought the tickets and arrived at the theater so very excited. BUT...We'd been sold tickets to The Book of MORON! Can you believe that??!!! What a disappointment....BUT... this time...in London, my daughter Rebekah and I really saw The Book of MORMON! 4/4/23



After the show we walked to the Piccadilly Circus Station and headed back to our Airbnb. I think we may have had to change trains; I don't quite remember, but the nice part was that the train was not crowded.


Once we got back to our Airbnb (I did miss my scooter when we got back to Mile End since it was very cold), we made some tea and just reflected on our wonderful time together.


I was too exhausted to even think of packing since the next day we were checking out of our Airbnb and moving to my cousin Deborah's home in a different section of London, but I did check to see if my laundry had finally air dried. It is so interesting to me that in the UK that dryers are not used like we use in the USA. The same thing goes on in Israel.

I also washed and dried most of the dishes we used and packed up some of the food.


Rebekah was so exhausted that she went right to sleep.








No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

Followers