This is the Schneider-Farris Family's Blog. Keep up with what we are doing by logging into this site regularly! (The reason this site is called "Tragedy and Triumph" is that when I first founded this site, my husband, Dan, had been in a horrible accident, and he recovered. His recovery was a miracle! Go back to the 2005 archives to read our story.)

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Letters to Annabelle From Mom While She Was Away at Camp - (June 20 to July 18, 2016)

This email was sent to Annabelle Farris by Jo Ann Farris on06/23/2016.
Dear Annabelle:
I mailed you a letter yesterday. I bet you'll get it tomorrow or Monday. Guess what? Duchess just ate all of Joel's breadbowl from Panera Bread! She jumped on the table while we were getting something out of the garage! Rebekah called and said you are having fun. I almost got all Grandpa's stuff put away. I leave for California on Monday. It sounds like being there is going to be stressful because of the floor. Joel and I are going to listen to Farenheit 451 this afternoon. Love you so much, Mom

This email was sent to Annabelle Farris by Jo Ann Farris on06/25/2016.
Dear Annabelle:
Today, we went to Vail! It was so fun and the weather was great. We are in Larkspur kitchen watching Fahrenheit 451! By the way, it is all arranged: You and Kelly will go to Universal Studios on Sunday, July 24! Guess what? We got all the stuff in the downstairs study put away last niight....it looks so good... Anyway, I love you! Mom

This email was sent to Annabelle Farris by Jo Ann Farris on06/25/2016.
Oops...I forgot to tell you I scootered down Vail mountain and Dad rode the brown bike from Larkspur...


This email was sent to Annabelle Farris by Jo Ann Farris on06/30/2016.
Dear Annabelle:
Guess what? I straightened up Grandpa's room in Long Beach. I'm not quite done yet since there are bags and bags of papers and boxes and boxes. I got this thing to put under his sink to hold towels and got rid of the broken basket with ugly towels. I actually put those towels on a shelf in his closet so we can use them for swimming. Also...the stupid Shirt Stop shore messed up...they embroidered Free Dance too big...I'm so mad....anyway, I just pre-ordered you a brand new gold medalist jacket that will be done right. You deserve it. Can't wait to take a photo of you wearing it! I also cleaned up the kitchen in Long Beach. Grandpa and I had such a nice dinner last night. I made salad and we heated up this bean soup Lynnellen made. Also, we had cherries! I saw Cori and Cody and his younger kids London and Gage last night. The kids have grown so much. They didn't remember me, but I hope to take them skating soon. We also went to the JCC yesterday. The Rabbi talked about if you take something that belongs to someone else, that you have to give it back. I wonder what to do if you steal a skating student? :) I love you! Say hi to Rebekah. By the way, Joel and I chat on FB messenger and he sounds good! Love, Mom

This email was sent to Annabelle Farris by Jo Ann Farris on06/30/2016.
Dear Annabelle:
This is the 2nd email I am sending today. I forgot to tell you that I met the most amazing artist yesterday and I told him I will take you to his shop. Reminded me of Michael Garman and Magic Town! Love you so much, Mom

This email was sent to Annabelle Farris by Jo Ann Farris on07/02/2016.
Dear Annabelle:
Hope you had a nice Shabbat! Grandpa and I went to a Shabbat dinner with Temple Israel's Shabbat at Home program last night. It was an amazing experience and I thought about you and Rebekah having Shabbat at camp at the same time. Our host (a man) made the best homemade challah! I ordered another bag for you. The dumb guy on eBay sent the wrong bag, so I just ordered another one directly from Walmart. It is supposed to arrive July 13. I've kept straightening the Long Beach condo. Grandpa had junk stuffed everywhere! I uploaded Drew's boxes and found two ukeleles, so we can both play when we go to California. Guess what? We are going to drive up to Lake Tahoe (me, you, Dad, Grandpa) on Monday, July 25! It will be so fun. Also, on Friday, July 29, Temple Israel is going to have "Shabbat at the Beach!" Write again when you can. I love you, Mom

This email was sent to Annabelle Farris by Jo Ann Farris on07/04/2016.
Dear Annabelle:
I hope you had a nice 4th of July! Grandpa and I had a quiet day. I bought new trash bins for the condo and a new bath rug. We ate fetuccini with marinara sauce and salad for dinner and had matzah brie for breakfast. I bought him these miniature hamburgers which he had for lunch. We watched Yankee Doodle Dandy after dinner and watched fireworks from the condo balcony. Of course, Grandpa ate a lot of ice cream. :) I ordered two inflatable two person kayaks from Amazon and four life jackets from Walmart.com today. They should arrive before you return from camp. I will tell Dad to take them to Larkspur and put in the storeroom next to Joel's room. It will be fun to see how they work when your friends stay at the house. See if you can plan which day to kayak. The kayaks come with oars and a pump and everything. Last night we got together with Grandpa's first cousin Martha's family. It was so fun since they had not seen one another in about three or four decades! When we are all in California, we should all go down to San Diego and see them perhaps. Dad is really excited about going to Lake Tahoe. So am I! I miss Colorado so much though. California has just so many people in it and I miss Duchess and the trees and mountains and you of course! Did Rebekah tell you she took the counselors to Larkspur? Dad met them there with Duchess and they had a great vegan dinner. I wish I could be in two places at one time. Anyway, I love you and write soon. Love, Mom

This email was sent to Annabelle Farris by Jo Ann Farris on07/06/2016.
Dear Annabelle:
I really miss you! I didn't get much sleep last night since Joel called from Japan at 4 am which was 8 pm his time to tell me he couldn't get into his email. I had to login to make it work for him in Japan. Then I had to change the credit card info for his international phone which took awhile. Anyway, I got to talk to him on FB phone messenger which is so nice since it is free and the reception is great, but I also called him on his phone! When you go to Israel, I'll have to get you a cool phone like his. I also helped Shelley pay some medical bills today and I mailed all sorts of papers to Billy. I was kind of tired, so I didn't ride my bike or scooter very far. We went out to dinner at Mimi's and we are now watching Netflix! Did I tell you I bought inflatable kayaks to keep in Larkspur! Also, the company that messed up your jacket fixed it, but they told Dad they won't embroider for us anymore, so now I have to find a new place to embroider for us. Also, you will have two Gold Medalist jackets since I ordered you one before I found out they would fix the damage they did. Write soon. Love you! Mom

This email was sent to Annabelle Farris by Jo Ann Farris on07/09/2016.
Dear Annabelle:
I hope Shabbat was wonderful! I really enjoyed Shabbat today since the Torah study was very good. Of course I rode my scooter there! The cantor talked about how happy being at camp made her, so I thought of you and Rebekah. I've made reservations at a place in South Lake Tahoe called Camp Richardson for three nights, Monday 7-25 to Thursday 7-28. Maybe you can see your friend Rebeka somehow? By the way, Maya and her brother are coming to Larkspur with us for sure when you come home on 7-18, but are any other kids coming with us? Let me know or tell Rebekah to tell me. Joanna will help me schlep you and your friends and luggage to Larkspur. I hope the big bag from Walmart came by now. Throw away the torn bag. Dad read me your letter and I hope you find the other letter. Love you, Mom
This email was sent to Annabelle Farris by Jo Ann Farris on07/09/2016.
Dear Annabelle:
This is the 3rd email I sent you today. It looks like the 2nd one disappeared. I wanted to tell you that Joel called me on FB yesterday all upset his data on his international phone didn't work, but he texted today that it is working and he is so happy! It was like a crisis...not getting data to work... Anyway...right now, I wish you were connected so I could text you. Love you, Mom

This email was sent to Annabelle Farris by Jo Ann Farris on07/09/2016.
Dear Annabelle:
This is the 3rd email I sent you today. It looks like the 2nd one disappeared. I wanted to tell you that Joel called me on FB yesterday all upset his data on his international phone didn't work, but he texted today that it is working and he is so happy! It was like a crisis...not getting data to work... Anyway...right now, I wish you were connected so I could text you. Love you, Mom

This email was sent to Annabelle Farris by Jo Ann Farris on07/10/2016.

Hi Annabelle! It's Sunday morning and I want to make sure you get this email before you leave for your next Masa which I think is on Monday morning.
Not much has happened since I wrote you the three emails yesterday. Grandpa and I watched an entire season of a PBS series last night (he loves finishing soap opera type stories) and the worker came to do the estimate on painting and fixing the condo and it looks like next week the place will be painted which will take all the way until Friday. I found this cool Abie Rotenberg song on YouTube that I never heard until today. It's about how every person has "a small piece of heaven inside of them" and that we can all do good for others. I really liked it. As you know, I just like Abie Rotenberg's songs! I can't wait to hear about all the fun you had at camp. By the way, Joel texted me at 4:30 am (my time) via FB messenger last night and woke me up of course. I learned the ice rink they performed in in Sendai and the ice rink that is next in Tokyo is not air conditioned so he says it is so hot doing the troll number! Also, FB showed me a video of you practicing with Larry for your Juvenile pair test, and wow....that was fun to see! Love you! Mom



This email was sent to Annabelle Farris by Jo Ann Farris on07/10/2016.

Dear Annabelle:
How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying was SO GOOD! I just had to tell you about it. I loved The Company Way and I Believe in You. I wish Rebekah would be in a musical like that. Long Beach Playhouse is awesome. I saw on FB that they honored you in the 5-year t-shirt club. Neat you were honored 2 years in a row! Grandpa and I are watching The Chosen right now. I love that movie! Love you, Mom

 This email was sent to Annabelle Farris by Jo Ann Farris on07/11/2016.


Dear Annabelle:
Rebekah called today and told me you are a counselor in training, so you are not going on a Masa and are still at camp, so I thought I would send you another email. I went kayaking today and am so tired! I also had lunch with Kelly's mom. Kelly's birthday is tomorrow, July 12. She is away at an elite synchronized skating camp at Miami University in Ohio. We went to Veggie Grill and Kelly's mom, Sandy, tried the kids meal "chicken" fingers to see if Kelly would like it. I had a "Cesear" salad and it was so good. I rode back a long the marina after I shopped at Trader Joes. Wow...only week until I see you! Love, Mom



This email was sent to Annabelle Farris by Jo Ann Farris on07/14/2016.
Dear Annabelle: This may be the last email you get from me while you are at camp. I'm so sleepy today since Joel called me via FB messenger last night and I was up to about 1 am. I went to the Tanach study with Grandpa and kept falling asleep! We also went to the alley behind Lynnellen's house and the old piano I had is outside and is in awful shape. Grandpa wants to give it to someone to restore, but I'm not sure anyone would want it! I kind of have lost track of what you are doing next week? I hope your party is on Wednesday. Is that correct? And...you are going to Elitches with friends Tuesday? I miss you and Rebekah and Joel so much. Love you, Mom

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

Followers