This is the Schneider-Farris Family's Blog. Keep up with what we are doing by logging into this site regularly! (The reason this site is called "Tragedy and Triumph" is that when I first founded this site, my husband, Dan, had been in a horrible accident, and he recovered. His recovery was a miracle! Go back to the 2005 archives to read our story.)

Monday, November 23, 2015

My Comments on Linda Weise Receiving an Award for Compassion and Kindness

Below is a link to an announcement that Linda Weise was awarded a Community Recognition Award. It was announced that she was especially recognized for acts of compassion and kindness.
Since I published the blog posts above, I've heard from former students, faculty, families, staff, and performers who have been involved in Linda Weise's programs at both the Colorado Springs Conservatory and The Mezzanine.

They've shared their stories with me (and others) that are very personal and very painful.  How these individuals and families have been treated definitely does not represent compassion or kindness.  

Further Reading:

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

Followers