This is the Schneider-Farris Family's Blog. Keep up with what we are doing by logging into this site regularly! (The reason this site is called "Tragedy and Triumph" is that when I first founded this site, my husband, Dan, had been in a horrible accident, and he recovered. His recovery was a miracle! Go back to the 2005 archives to read our story.)

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Early Saturday

I don't really remember sleeping, but I must have gotten some sleep. I think the first thing I did when I woke up was call the ICU and ask about Dan's status. I was glad to hear he was still alive.

I woke early and dressed quickly. I saw no reason to put on any make up.

I began to think about what to do with the children and thought about a friend who had invited the girls to play with dolls, so I called the girl's mother, Betty Knight.

Betty dropped all of her Saturday plans to help us.

We made arrangements to meet at the hospital. I stopped at 7 Eleven on the way to the hospital and picked up some breakfast for me and the children. Fortunately, Betty's and my car linked up in the parking lot of the hospital, and the children were moved to her car quickly. I kissed the children good-bye and headed inside the hospital, wondering what I would find.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

Followers