This is the Schneider-Farris Family's Blog. Keep up with what we are doing by logging into this site regularly! (The reason this site is called "Tragedy and Triumph" is that when I first founded this site, my husband, Dan, had been in a horrible accident, and he recovered. His recovery was a miracle! Go back to the 2005 archives to read our story.)

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Pelvic Surgery on Tuesday

The big surgery on Dan's pelvis was scheduled for Tuesday, September 20.

I arranged for Betty Knight to take Rebekah to Jr. Girl Scouts and she also watched Annabelle and Joel and took care of their dinner too.

I realized when I got to the hospital that I was feeling very alone and called Donna Schoon at Chapel Hills and asked her to come and stay with me during the surgery.

All my family had left (except Dan's brother Mike) and I realized I felt really, really alone.

Donna arranged for Richard Frye to stay with me when she had to leave the hospital.

(I ran into Marcia Van Camp, at the surgery area. Her mother was in the hospital because of a small stroke and she asked what I was there for. I told her, but I don't believe she really understood or listened.)

Richard and I took a long walk around the park next to the hospital and when I returned the surgery was over. Mike had just spoken with the doctor.

We went up to Dan's room and the traction was now gone and Dan's looked better.

I then headed home and Betty brought the children there.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

Followers