This is the Schneider-Farris Family's Blog. Keep up with what we are doing by logging into this site regularly! (The reason this site is called "Tragedy and Triumph" is that when I first founded this site, my husband, Dan, had been in a horrible accident, and he recovered. His recovery was a miracle! Go back to the 2005 archives to read our story.)

Saturday, September 17, 2005

John suggests it is time to go home

John noticed it was getting dark and suggested to everyone that I head home.

I called Betty Knight who had the children and arranged to meet at the motel Dan's parents were staying at.

John offered to follow me home and did just that. I am so grateful to John.

When we arrived at the motel, Dan's parents were not there. We looked for them at the nearby coffee shop and when they were not there, we headed home.

The children were in wonderful spirits. Betty had showered them with gifts and given them lots of love that day.

I was so delighted to see my children so happy and we had a wonderful drive home.

When we got home we discovered that that Amy Hayes from the scouts had straightened up a bit, done some laundry, and left us with wonderful food. It felt so good.

We cuddled up together on the couch and enjoyed some of the food. The children put on The Incredibles. It had a scene where a man jumped out of a building, but was rescued by a superhero. I never noticed that scene before. In the movie, the man did not want to be saved and sues the superhero. I now wondered why a near death experience had been put in a child's movie?

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

Followers