This is the Schneider-Farris Family's Blog. Keep up with what we are doing by logging into this site regularly! (The reason this site is called "Tragedy and Triumph" is that when I first founded this site, my husband, Dan, had been in a horrible accident, and he recovered. His recovery was a miracle! Go back to the 2005 archives to read our story.)

Friday, September 16, 2005

Just a Typical Day

Friday, September 16 turned out to be a wonderful day for me and the children. We left the World Arena and went on to Chapel Hills. I told the children how proud I was that they had worked so hard on the freestyle session at the World Arena.

We worked hard at Chapel Hills and I then taught one class at 11:00 AM.

Our friend, Hellene Anderson, took the three children to Ballet Society for ballet classes and I met them there.

I decided that it would be good to take the children to see the Colorado Springs Invitational Competition for the afternoon and we headed towards Sertich Ice Center.

The children enjoyed the competition, and especially enjoyed playing with certain skating friends that were watching the competition. My brother, Billy, was with some students at the competition, so we stayed and watched his skaters and some others.

The skaters were really good. The kids learned alot and we were so impressed when the National Novice Ladies Champion landed at triple lutz!

I bought the girls skating dresses that were selling on consignment and as it got to be close to 4:30 PM, we said good-bye to my brother.

Little did we know that at about that same time, my husband had fallen off a bridge and was near death.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

Followers