This is the Schneider-Farris Family's Blog. Keep up with what we are doing by logging into this site regularly! (The reason this site is called "Tragedy and Triumph" is that when I first founded this site, my husband, Dan, had been in a horrible accident, and he recovered. His recovery was a miracle! Go back to the 2005 archives to read our story.)

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Sunday, September 18

Sunday was not that different than Saturday.

More family visited. Dan's parents and Dan's brother Mike sat at Dan's bedside. My parents visited. More doctors came and met with my dad. Billy and Amy returned.

I had an offer from Billy and Amy to take the children to the movies, but I was unable to call them in time, and so, that did not happen.

The orthopedic surgeon had been one of my dad's students at Chicago Medical School!

Richard and Mary Frye took Joel to a picnic for hockey where he was supposed to find out who his coach and teammates were.

The girls waited in the ICU waiting room with my mom or Dan's mom.

Amy volunteered to bring dinner for everyone to my parents' Larkspur house, but I just did not have energy for that type of socializing.

We left the hospital when it was still light and stopped at Dan's parents' motel and visited for a short while and then went home.

I was exhausted and overwhelmed.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

Followers