This is the Schneider-Farris Family's Blog. Keep up with what we are doing by logging into this site regularly! (The reason this site is called "Tragedy and Triumph" is that when I first founded this site, my husband, Dan, had been in a horrible accident, and he recovered. His recovery was a miracle! Go back to the 2005 archives to read our story.)

Friday, September 16, 2005

Trip home

We took the elevator down to the first floor and as we exited the elevator, we ran into Rich and Debbie who did not know yet any details of what had happened.

Billy and I hugged good-bye and he headed towards his home in Denver. He had suggested perhaps that the children spend the night and next day with his family, but I could not imagine being separated from my children and absolutely refused his offer.

After talking a bit, it was decided that Rich would drive my car home and Debbie would follow us. Debbie offered to get the children dinner at McDonalds on the way home.

I remember I was so, so thirsty and couldn't wait to get to McDonalds to get a large drink.

I don't remember the drive home, but I do remember going in the McDonalds with the children and sitting with Rich and Debbie as the children ate. Joel ate very little, but the girls did enjoy their meal.

Then we went home and Rich and Debbie made sure we got safely in our house and Debbie told me to call her if I needed her help with anything the next day.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

Followers