This is the Schneider-Farris Family's Blog. Keep up with what we are doing by logging into this site regularly! (The reason this site is called "Tragedy and Triumph" is that when I first founded this site, my husband, Dan, had been in a horrible accident, and he recovered. His recovery was a miracle! Go back to the 2005 archives to read our story.)

Friday, September 16, 2005

No phone call from Dan?

Dan calls me every day. He usually begins calling at noon during his lunch time and just asks me how things are.

I usually tell him things are fine and that I'm not sure where we will be at the end of his work day.

If we are out and about, we pick Dan up at his office that is located on Wasatch and Pikes Peak. If we are not out and about, Dan takes the bus home since we only have one car.

If we don't talk on the phone about where exactly Dan should meet us, Dan knows to go home.

So, on Friday, September 16th, when I had not heard from Dan, I thought perhaps he'd been very busy at work and began to head towards home.

That morning, we'd talked about going swimming, and just for fun, after we left the competition, the children and I stopped a the Park and Rec Pool at Memorial Park to take a look at the pool. We'd never seen the pool and just wanted to check it out. The children and I wished we could swim there that night, but I told the children the pool closed too early to make it worth it and perhaps we'd go the next day.

Joel commented that we needed a Challah so we could celebrate Shabbat, so we then went to Albertsons and picked up dinner and Challah.

We arrived home at 5:50 PM and as we pulled into the garage, I wondered why Dan was not there. I checked my cell phone for a record of a call. Nothing. I checked our caller ID and Dan had not called.

What was going on? I knew something was wrong.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

Followers