This is the Schneider-Farris Family's Blog. Keep up with what we are doing by logging into this site regularly! (The reason this site is called "Tragedy and Triumph" is that when I first founded this site, my husband, Dan, had been in a horrible accident, and he recovered. His recovery was a miracle! Go back to the 2005 archives to read our story.)

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Dan can talk!


I wrote the following to some friends on the evening of Thursday, September 6:

"Well, the trac is out of Dan's throat and he called me on my cell
phone this afternoon!

I couldn't wait to get back to the hospital!

The children and I got dinner from the hospital cafeteria and ate
with Dan in his room and just acted like we were all eating dinner at home around the
table and we talked and talked and talked about anything and
everything, from skating, to dolls in the girls' rooms, to sleepovers
at friends' houses, to Joel's interest in WWII, to if we returned
library books, to who had called and who had visited!

Anyway...he is back with us and now just needs to physically recover
so he can go home. I have no idea how long that will take, but it is
sure neat to have a husband that is alive and knows his children and
can communicate with us!

Am I happy! (What's amazing is that one week ago I considered him
close to death and look what has happened!)"

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

Followers