This is the Schneider-Farris Family's Blog. Keep up with what we are doing by logging into this site regularly! (The reason this site is called "Tragedy and Triumph" is that when I first founded this site, my husband, Dan, had been in a horrible accident, and he recovered. His recovery was a miracle! Go back to the 2005 archives to read our story.)

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Dan wakes up

On Saturday, October 1, a family from Joel's new hockey team picked him up and the girls and I linked up with Joel at the Chapel Hills ice rink later that morning.

I was really sad. I had seen the way Dan looked on the ventilator all week and there was just no indication that his condition had improved. A trac had been put in his throat on Thursday night that had given me some hope.

I had heard he had been taken off the ventilator a bit on Friday.

Joel and Rebekah went with Betty and Kelli Knight to a festival at Rockledge Ranch and Annabelle stayed with me.

Annabelle had pleaded with me not to have to go to the hospital now. She didn't want to see Daddy anymore. He was not the daddy she knew. I told her that we wouldn't stay long.

We parked at the park and Annabelle and her little doll stroller and her doll enjoyed the walk inside the hospital.

Dan had been moved to a new room since the Trac operation.

When I entered the room, Dan was looking around and he was awake. He acted like nothing was unusual and talked to me in sign language and smiled and threw kisses at me and Annabelle.

A doctor and a nurse rushed in and were so excited that Dan was awake! I had been the first to see him awake!

It was quite at time of rejoicing! I called Dr. Wood and he came to the hospital while I was still there and visited Dan.

Dr. Wood and Annabelle and I left at the same time. We all were so happy.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

Followers