This is the Schneider-Farris Family's Blog. Keep up with what we are doing by logging into this site regularly! (The reason this site is called "Tragedy and Triumph" is that when I first founded this site, my husband, Dan, had been in a horrible accident, and he recovered. His recovery was a miracle! Go back to the 2005 archives to read our story.)

Sunday, October 16, 2005

A Miracle Did Occur!

I wrote the following message on 9/25/05 to many, many people because I knew only a miracle would make Dan better:

"Please pass the info below anyone who knows me and Dan and who may
care.

My husband Dan was in a horrible accident on Friday 9-16.

There is a very small chance he will live.

Please pray for a miracle. Or please just pray.

We have 3 children (6, 9, 11) who need to grow up with their daddy.
Here's a recent website with their photos:
http://catsonice.blogspot.com/
and here's one I did in Dec 04 on our family:
http://jumpspin.com/dec04/

JO ANN Schneider Farris"

On Sunday, October 16, I learned a true miracle did occur! My father is a physician, and he explained to me what was happening to Dan during the week just before he "woke up." Dan's fever had become so high and his coma was no longer induced; Dan was dying. Then, suddenly the fever disappeared (the medical staff thought an IV line was infected that could have caused the fever, but they weren't sure) and Dan began to breathe on his own and then he suddenly woke up!

I remember playing "There Can Be Miracles When You Believe" from the movie PRINCE OF EGYPT in Dan's hospital room. A miracle has truly happened!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Jo Ann, it has been 20+ years since I last saw you and Dan. I missed you both. I recently came across a letter replying to me. It was amazing to have come across it after so many years. Wishing you and your family well. Many blessings into you and yours. Yoshabel Clements

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

Followers