This is the Schneider-Farris Family's Blog. Keep up with what we are doing by logging into this site regularly! (The reason this site is called "Tragedy and Triumph" is that when I first founded this site, my husband, Dan, had been in a horrible accident, and he recovered. His recovery was a miracle! Go back to the 2005 archives to read our story.)

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Dan's brothers visit and Joel is "Tiger of the Day"

Dan's brothers, Jack and Pat, visited Dan the weekend of October 14--16. They flew in from California just to see Dan. They spent the day with him at the hospital.



On Saturday evening, October 15th, Joel got to be Jr. Tiger of the Day at The Colorado College Hockey Game! It was a really big honor. My parents showed up at the World Arena just to see Joel! (They had just arrived from Chicago before the game.) Dan's brothers also came to the game to see Joel!

The children and I did not see Dan on Saturday since I felt that seeing Dan's brothers and the children all in one day was going to be too much for both me and Dan. Instead, we just had a nice Saturday at home and rested before the game.

It was absolutely fantastic to see Joel skate with the big CC Tigers in the Opening Ceremonies and watching the game with the children was so fun. I missed Dan's presence at the game; it seemed odd to do such a wonderful activity that we'd always done together as a family without Daddy.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

Followers